Air Conditioning Maintenance Glens Falls, Queensbury, Saratoga
“Why do I need my air conditioner serviced?”
Air conditioners are one of the hardest working appliances in our homes. Summer is fast approaching, and it’s almost time to flip that switch and start your A/C. Here in the Northeast, we typically only use our air conditioners a few months of the year, but we recommend an annual pre-season air conditioning maintenance and tuneup to ensure your system is in top condition and ready to go, prevent costly repairs and increasing the efficiency of your system.
All air conditioning manufacturers recommend seasonal air conditioner maintenance, and at Northern Heating and Air, we provide annual pre-season air conditioning maintenance services in Queensbury, Glens Falls, Lake George and the Saratoga region. A/C maintenance will improve and extend the life and performance of your residential cooling system. We service and maintain all major types and brands of heating and cooling systems. Some of the pre-season air conditioning maintenance tasks we do include:
- Clean condenser coils as well as dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Check for proper refrigerant levels and test for leaks. A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs up to 30%. An improper charge can cause compressor shutdown.
- Inspect controls/accessories, wiring and connections. All control box and electrical parts are checked for wear or damage. Controls and safeties that do not function properly can increase operation cost and cause other components to fail
- Air filter replacement – restricted air filters can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and shorten the compressor’s life.
- Temperature & pressure ratings are taken and recorded. An accurate record of your equipment’s vital data can indicate potential problems, which can be eliminated. A record will be kept with the unit which may reduce emergency service time.
- Condensate Drain checked & cleaned. Algae and dust can plug a condensate drain which can cause extensive water damage to your furnace as well as a system shut down.
One of the services we