Out of sight, out of mind! Many homeowners don’t change the air filter in their heating systems regularly simply because they forget. What many people don’t know is that changing your furnace filter in a timely manner can save money, reduce illness, and keep your home cleaner!
Here are 3 Ways You Save Money With A New Furnace Filter:
- Save On Costly Repairs. One result of not changing your furnace filter is that it can cause costly repairs. Your HVAC unit works by breathing: it pulls air in and blows air out. Having a dirty filter means it’s breathing dirty air in and blowing dirty air out. As the filter continues to fill up, it gets clogged and struggles to breathe. The longer this goes on, the harder the unit must work, and the sooner it will stop working as efficiently or even shut down completely.
- Minimize Health Issues. The furnace filter is designed to catch dirty particles in the air. When your filter is full, what do you think is blowing through your house? Bacteria, mold, pet dander, and viruses circulate through the home. Allergies and illnesses can increase, causing precious lost time from school and work.
- Clean House! Time is money. Whether you pay someone else or do it yourself, it will take longer to clean your home if your furnace filter is dirty, and use more cleaning materials. Just like a washcloth can only hold so much water before it starts dripping, an air filter can only hold so much before it starts releasing contaminants throughout the house. The bacteria, mold, pet dander, and viruses it can’t hold anymore circulate throughout the house as contaminated dust.
Changing Your Furnace Filter
The good news is that it’s easy to change the air filter in your system. It’s simply a matter of removing and disposing of the old filter and replacing it with a new one. There are distinct types of systems and filters, so it’s important to determine which filter is ideal for your system. Best practice is to check with an HVAC professional to determine:
- Location of your furnace filter
- Recommended filter for your system
- Optimal interval for changing the filter
Once you have this information, it’s an easy do-it-yourself task. Mark your calendar for the interval recommended by your HVAC team, and you’ll be on your way to a cleaner, healthier home. For more information on how we can help, call (518) 745-0401 today, or contact Northern Heating & Air today and ask about our Home Comfort Plan where you receive annual maintenance visits on your heating and air conditioning equipment. No worries!
Just like a car needs regularly scheduled maintenance, so does your home’s heating system! The friendly, skilled professionals at Northern Heating and Air can help keep your home comfortable and clean throughout the year.
You might also like: